RULES AND REGULATIONS
All participants must be between the ages of 18-30 of the application date. Valid ONLY for legal Ontario, Canada residents.
The Launch Project is fully funded by Off The Lens Media and Brightside Events. No purchase necessary.
Your pitch must be your idea solely and not associated with any ongoing Multi-Level Marketing or Networking businesses.
How To Apply
In order to apply, send us a video explaining your business idea to . (Do not exceed 2 minutes.) *REQUIRED.*
(Note: if you are unable to send your pitch via email, send us a link to Dropbox, private YouTube video or others)
Along with a video, please include your answers to any 5 of the questions below. *REQUIRED.*
1. How long have you wanted to start this business? *REQUIRED.*
2. Have you had any exposure to business/entrepreneurship in the past? If so, what?
3. Do you have any family members that own or run a business?
4. What have you done for yourself that has lead you to be who you are today?
5. Do you have any history in team sports/activities or leadership roles?
6. What makes you a good leader?
7. Scenario: You have a very unhappy customer with your service/product. How do you go about the situation and fix it?
8. What in your life currently makes you feel the most fulfilled?
9. What’s the best way to earn someone's respect?
10. Which is more important: What you say, or how you say it?
11. What are you most afraid of?
12. What’s a story of yours that you don’t get to tell often enough?
13. Name an experience that helped shape who you are for the better
14. Who do you look up to as a role model, and why?
All applications MUST be sent to in order to be evaluated.
Applications open June 1, 2020, and close July 10, 2020, at 11:59 pm EST
All email applications MUST include:
Full name of the contestant and age
Town of residence
Your written answers to any of the above 5 questions
Attached video with your business idea/pitch. *Do not exceed 2 minutes*
Funding includes: ($17,000 value)
Brand strategy & marketing plan development
Content Creation (Photography, graphic design, video production)
2 Promotional videos w/ editing for online use
2 months of social media management (Post creation, scheduling, monitoring)
Marketing tips/mentoring for future use
Launch party or promo event with full event planning (Brightside Events)
Paid ad creation
10 Succession Coaching calls with CEO of Vitamin Patch Club - Shane Griffin
The winner will be chosen based on your pitch quality, business idea/profitability (for yourself), and the quality of your written answers. Remember, investing in people is usually more important than the idea itself.
Our teams at Off The Lens Media and Brightside events as well as Shane Griffin will collectively choose the most suitable candidate.
We will select the top 3, and proceed with a short interview to understand your business more. (Using Zoom)
The selected finalists must provide proof of their age and agree that they have read and agree to all terms and conditions.
Other information / Requirments
Some work such as video may require some travel for the winner. We will discuss the most sensible and efficient way to complete this project.
Some meetings will be done online through Zoom or other software.
Candidates must be able to commit to a minimum of 2 weekly calls/video meetings for the project duration. (Approx 12 months, depending on performance) and be able to commit to 1 day of filming.
Your business pitch may be used for online marketing purposes for The Launch Project and its associates. (The Launch Project, Off The Lens Media, Brightside Events, Shane Griffin). We will seek written approval from you before any use)
$5000 worth of event services (50 hours) to be used for a launch party for your business, a
promotional event to showcase your products/services, event consulting, or other event
services. This is just for the planning services – the winner of The Launch Project understands that any costs associated with event production (venue, food, rentals, etc.) is up to them. This cannot be used for personal event services (wedding, etc.).
By sending us your entry you agree to the above information and meet the required criteria.